- Note: Tenants have their own accounts, and utilities
hold them responsible, not the landlord.
- Cable TV & Internet
- Print this Discount
Certificate good for up to $125 in savings. BrightHouse
handles all of Brevard's cable. To order discounted service, use my
name (Richard Webb) and call Sam 321-508-7430. They also bundle
RoadRunner 10mb Internet, and home phones.
- Cel Phone
- Check coverage maps where you are most likely to use your cel. Some
providers have spotty service. Verizon is excellent, but high-priced.
- Antenna TV
- Free Digital TV via $10 antenna is available via the digital tuner
in newer TVs and DVRs, or with $60 digital-to-analog converter box.
Currently 36 channels.
- Direct TV (satellite)
- Most people get a system from a local store like Best Buy,
Blockbuster, RadioShack, Wards, Kmart, an independent local dealer, or
from an online dealer. You should be able to find a FREE (after
rebate) receiver at most stores. Satellite reception suffers during
- Contact AT&T
online or 800-288-2020 at any hour to set up service. Deposit will be
determined by your credit report. You can select from three DSL
Internet access speeds, even without voice service; but AT&T
delivers less than the 6mb advertized speed. Alternatives: Many folks
ditched the land line in favor of digital VOIP which is clearer. Magic
Jack works thru your computer or stand-alone. Ooma
is stand-alone. Skype (which includes
video) on the desktop and smartphone significantly reduces cellular
minutes if your cel plan limits minutes.
- Florida Power and Light requires a deposit that varies according to
a customer's credit rating. To sign up for FPL service, click FPL.com.
or call 321-723-7795 or 800-226-3545. One-day notification is required
to provide service.
- Be sure to ask about overdue charges! they are supposed to be paid
by the seller, but the closing agent could conceivably miss it.
- Charges for sewer, water and deposits vary. If you do not have a
well, consider getting 2 meters - the sprinkler water is 2/3 cheaper
(no sewer fees).
Some areas offer recycled water for sprinklers. Price varies, but
$10/mo is average. Most districts install a meter, but current recycle
charges cover unlimited use.
- Cocoa Water
- Cocoa Water provides service for most of Central Brevard.
Charges vary. All customers pay a $20 administration fee, paid on the
first bill. There may be a $60 deposit. Residents go to Cocoa City
Hall, located at 65 Stone St. (Cocoa Village) between 7 am and 5:30 pm
weekdays. Call 321-433-8400. Remotely: Put the reference address at
the top of a page with your SS# and attach your Driver license with
tape. Fax it on high-resolution or photo setting to 321-639-7524.
(They must be afraid you'll steal the aquifer so their process is
tougher than FPL that trusts you with 10x higher bill).
- Indialantic Water 321-727-2900
- Palm Bay Water 321-952-3400
- Titusville Water &
- Typical arrogant government procedure: they put a lock on the water
meter at move-out and charge monthly availability fees of $16
regardless of use. No website -- call 321-383-5791 to put $129 deposit
plus $15 administrative fee on your credit card.
- Melbourne Water
- To open an account, contact the Utility Billing Department
at 321-953-6390 or go to the Utility Billing Counter located on the
first floor at City Hall, 900 E. Strawbridge Ave.
- West Melbourne
- Florida City Gas Co. supplies natural gas to most of Brevard. To
begin gas service call 800-993-7546; for new homes call 321-632-1734.
Gas companies require several days notice to start service. Call
early to arrange getting turn-on as it requires an appointment with
gas company technician at your new home.
- ADT Monitored Security
click for discount pricing.
- Vehicle Registration and Driver
- To round out your to-do list... Florida does not require vehicle
inspection, but you must get a Florida tag within 10 days of moving
here. Brevard Tax
Collector facilities around the county make it fairly quick. Call
- Boat Registration
- Within the sooner of 90 days or expiration of current registration,
go to Brevard Tax
Collector office to purchase registration numbers and decal for
any powered vessel not federally documented (yacht).
- Sun Pass Tolls
- Electronic transponder available at Publix Market gets you thru all
of Florida's toll booths without delay, and you get a toll discount.
Pay $5 for the sticker on each vehicle, and you get a $5 toll credit.
Activate online at SunPass.com.
You'll surely want this any time you go to Orlando.
- Voter Registration
- Call registrar at 321-264-6740 or see website
for locations. Never vote by name recognition! If you do not
diligently research the candidates and issues, please don't vote. A
successful republic needs well-informed voters.
While getting ready for your new home, you may want insurance quotes.
Insurance is only required if you have a mortgage.
- Insurance Comparisons
- The Florida Office of
Insurance Regulation website lists companies doing business in
Brevard, and sample premiums for each company. On their main page
select either homes built under post-1991 building code, or homes
- Earlier homes show two premiums:
- Home outfitted with full wind mitigation features
- Home without
you found this information helpful, please click
Richard Webb, Top Producer
Coldwell Banker Paradise
the WEBBmaster for updated details, and help finding the perfect home or
About Richard Webb
Skype videoPhone: webb4Brevard